By the end of this course participants will learn what it takes to become a successful Procurement Negotiator, since they will know the most important factor before negotiating, who to negotiate with and the approach to take when negotiating with suppliers.
- What is Purchasing Negotiation?
- The Most Important Factors in Purchasing & Procurement Negotiation:
ABC Analysis and how that helps classify suppliers/inventory into 3 categories (A, B, C) based on how much you spend with them.
- Approaches to Success in Contracts & Suppliers Negotiations
Lose - Lose Approach
Win - Win Approach
- Discovering the other party’s bottom line
- Types of negotiation
- Negotiation techniques
- Planning and Preparing for Negotiation
- Concession behavior
- Starting a negotiation
- Creating trust
- Getting the other party interested
- Discovering the other party’s limitations
- Sources of power
- Overcoming your limitations
- Summarize all points for negotiation closure